Abandon hot dogs and burgers because this blackened salmon recipe will have your mouth watering. And with just a handful of ingredients, it’s ridiculously easy to prepare.
Blackened Salmon Recipe
For this recipe, I always opt for fresh salmon filets because they have a richer flavor than frozen fish and the texture works much better for campfire cooking. Previously frozen salmon tend to be thin and burn easily.
- Two fresh salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh chives
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- ½ tbsp honey
- Lightly coat salmon fillets with olive oil, and season generously with pepper and salt
- Place cast iron skillet over the fire and allow to heat up for 5 to 8 minutes
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in the skillet, and then add salmon fillets
- Cook filets for 3 minutes on each side or until blackened
- Squeeze juice from half a lemon and mix well with ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Add 1tbsp spicy brown mustard and ½ tbsp honey, mix well
- Add fresh chopped chives and salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over salmon immediately
I love how the campfire does all the work, infusing the salmon with a delicious smoky flavor. Depending on how lightly I pack for our camping outing, I may serve the blackened salmon with a simple salad or if I pack my camp stove, I make a quick box of pasta to pair with it.
This article was originally published by 50campfires.com. Read the original article here.